Making a Donation
All donations by individual persons to the Naval Marine Archive – The Canadian Collection are eligible for a Tax Receipt for income tax purposes; for more details, please see the Canada Revenue Agency's website.
If you would like to donate your time and talents, please see our volunteering page.
Many people visit our library each year, or contact us by mail, phone, or e-mail, attracted by our extensive collections of books, magazines, charts an other documents and by our imaginative and educational activities. Making a donation to our organization is an opportunity for you to join forces with the Naval Marine Archive – The Canadian Collection in preserving our maritime heritage. Together we can ensure that these archives are preserved and that we continue to deliver programs that promote Canada's maritime and nautical history.
Your Donation Makes a Great Difference.
Donations "in kind" of books, artwork and other objects have been the basis for our growing collections. More details are available here.
There are many other ways to contribute to the Naval Marine Archive – The Canadian Collection. Choose the way that is right for you from the ways to contribute options below:
Through our PayPal site ...
- Donations to our General Fund can be made by cheque, credit card, Paypal, or, if you are visiting The Victory, in cash. A Tax Receipt will always be issued.
- For our Building Fund, details are available here.
- Our secure server is available here for donations to both the General and the Building Fund using a credit card – or the PayPal link can be used.
- Monthly Giving gives us a dependable source of revenue so we can budget our costs. Your monthly gift can be any amount and you can give as long as you like.
- Tribute and memorial gifts are a great way to remember those who are dear to you. Our current shelving campaign provides this opportunity.
More and more Canadians are choosing to support their favourite cause through deferred or planned giving. This allows an individual or family to make a substantial gift to the Archives that would not otherwise be possible.
- Bequests allow you to leave a legacy to ensure that the Naval Marine Archive – The Canadian Collection continues its mission. Gift Annuities are an ideal way to accomplish your personal financial goals and support the Society's mission.
- Charitable Lead Trusts can be set up to support our work for a specified period of time. Charitable Remainder Trusts allow you to support our work after you and your beneficiaries have been paid.
- A life insurance policy can also be set up with the Naval Marine Archive – The Canadian Collection named as beneficiary.
We actively pursue support from corporations, foundations and other groups. If your organization wishes to make a donation to the Naval Marine Archive – The Canadian Collection, please contact our Executive Treasurer at 613-476-1177.
For more information on how you can become a donor to our institution, please contact us at:
Naval Marine Archive – The Canadian Collection
The Victory, 205 Main Street,
Please also see our Guide to Donating or Selling Objects.