IMPORTANT: Please see our Index of naval subjects (this page is retained for purposes of technical continuity only.)
The War of 1812:
Ships and events:
Articles of War, 1757.
Treaty of Friendship, Limits, and Navigation
– Spain / US 1795
Serapis and Bonhomme Richard
– some details of these ships, (Sept. 23, 1779), towards the end of the American Revolution.
The Topaz and HMS Diana 1807
– the High Court condemnation, 1811 (pdf file)
– April 28, 1818
– blockade runner, 1863
– December 1942 - January 1943
Hudson River Ghost Fleet
– post Second World War
Cruiser Characteristics, Roles and Missions
– Historical Review, 2005 (US)
Joseph Kennedy, ship name index
from When Singapore fell : evacuations and escapes, 1941-42.
Officers, men and women:
[Bligh and the Bounty, Nelson and HMS Victory]
Cdr David H. Botly, RCNVR, RCN(R)
, who served at the Dieppe raid, D-Day, etc...
RCN Centennial, interviews
- NMA summer students interview veterans; The County Magazine, Fall 2010, with permission.
- served Merchant Navy then HMCS Waskesiu, Russian convoys, Word War II
- RCN "mutinies", article by Dr. Richard Gimblett
- how to pronounce
Black sailors in the Royal Navy
- John Rankin's research paper
Royal Naval Asylum
- move from Paddington to Greenwich; from the Naval Chronicle, XVIII
including Royal Navies, Airforces and Armies.
WRENS and WRCNS
- the ladies in our service.
Publications, journals, magazines: